Thursday, September 27, 2007

Prayer Update

Thank you for Continuing to pray. I left the Hospital about 10 pm tonight. Mom was doing pretty good when I left. She really did have a bad day medically yesterday. The pain medication dosage was increased today. And that really has helped her pain level. She did have a VERY nice visit from Pastor and Mrs. Canedy yesterday. (they were a HUGE blessing!!) And today she had her "baby" brother visit from Arkansas. (he can fly for free on standby since his son is a pilot for the airlines) Thank you Uncle Eddie for the nice visit! :) She also did have some visits from church members as well! I won't name you all since I don't want to forget anyone! Thank you! We sure do have a wonderful church family!

Now, some things to pray for. They are unable to keep an IV in her. So she is going to need to have a Picc Line. It is an IV line that is used for prolonged IV use. This Picc Line does go into the chest by your collar bone and rests at the tip of the heart. They tried twice to get one on mom, but they were unsuccessful both times. Tomorrow they will take her radiology to try to insert it there. Tonight we found out that mom may have a second infection now in her body. They did lots of blood work tonight to try to pinpoint if she does have another infection. Mom's gout was worse today. So they started her back on the prednisone and this causes her blood sugar to go very high and also very low. Her swollen thumb seems to being doing better.

Thank you for praying! I know God can see the big picture and knows the outcome of all of this. He is watching over mom, and I can have peace resting in the fact that he is taking care of her. Thank you again!

No comments: