Saturday, June 2, 2007

Reading was fun until.....

Okay, the 3 older boys all read 5 hours in the reading program at the library. Once you read 5 hours they will give you a prize.(they give you a paper to keep track of your time.) They were so excited that could not wait to see what they were going to get. We turned the sheets in for reading. And they handed each of the boys an eraser. I almost wanted to laugh...because I knew that is NOT what they were expecting. They were very nice and thanked them. But as soon as we got around the corner, Joshua said "I read 5 hours for a 5 cent eraser!" None of them are too excited to read anymore. So I told them the first one to finish reading the next 5 hours will get $5.00. I hope that that works. But I am not too sure that any of them will complete 5 more hours.

No comments: