Friday, September 19, 2008

Tribute to my Mom

Please keep praying for my family. We need and covet your prayers. I know many of you could not make it to mom's funeral. It was precious. Pastor Canedy preached at her service we had two singers that mom loved sing at her funeral. One of them even came back from college just to sing at mom service. Below is what I read at mom's funeral. Please excuse any typo's or spelling errors.


I am very honored and feel very blessed that I have been mom’s caregiver for 11 years. My whole life revolved around serving the Lord by taking care of my mom. Today there is a void in my heart and my life. And He knows the void that is left in my human heart. It doesn't seem possible but He knows how to fill that void. Heaven seems sweeter and closer now that my mom is there. She is up there with many loved ones including her mom and dad and her great niece Tristan who died before she came in this world and two of her grandchildren that we never saw.

My mom and best friend is no longer here on earth to talk to and to love. There is not a day that went by that I did not count myself privileged to have been able to be at home with mom to care for her. I would take no amount of money in trade for the time I have had with mom. Mom and I shared more special moments in these past 11 years than most people will ever get to experience with their own mom.

I feel there is great significance in the Lord taking her home on Labor Day. Mom labored hard for the Lord in prayer. I wish everyone here had the opportunity to see mom’s very long prayer list of people and things she prayed for daily. It shames me that I am not a prayer warrior like she was. Mom also labored in trying to win souls for him. Mom always wanted to make sure that everyone knew 100% sure that they were on the way to Heaven. She wanted to witness to every person that crossed her path, in and out of the hospital. She was as Mrs. Canedy called her a “Medical Missionary”. I cannot even image the amount of souls that are in Heaven today with her from her witness for Christ. And the amount that will be there one day due to her witness for Him.

Mom had such a sweet way about her. She even had a sweet respectable way of talking to Pastor Canedy in a way that I think no one else could. And sometimes I would say…you did not say that to Pastor Canedy, did you? And she would sweetly say, yes I did! She had that way with so many people. She loved her Lord and she loved her family, friends and church family. Mom went though so much physically and I know she was in pain until the moment she died. She never had a “why me” attitude. Her attitude was “this is the day that the Lord has made; and I will be out rejoicing in it.”

Although mom was pronounced dead at the hospital, I know she died with both me and my dad holding onto her. While it was very traumatic for me and I know my dad to have witnessed my mom dying before our eyes, at that moment of a traumatic time for us, mom was in glory, without pain and in the Presence of our Lord. God blessed me by letting me be able to hold onto her when she left this earth. It gives me great comfort that both mine and my dad’s arms held her before she came into the arms of Jesus. She is now safe in His arms. I cannot image the Joy she must have felt walking up in Glory and calling it home. I know that she heard those words that we all long to hear “Well done thou good and faithful Servant”.

I know that it will take me a long time to stop missing mom like I do today. But I am so thankful that I do know where she is right now and forever will be, safe in the arms of Jesus. Mom, you have served you family well, you were blessed with a wonderful family. You were blessed with a close relationship with you parents, and shared a special and close relationship with each of your siblings, Peggy, Marilyn, Frank, Eddie and Betty. You also had special relationships with many of your nieces and nephews. You have 5 grandchildren that you loved and prayed for more than anyone else that I know. Joshua, Luke, Jacob, Andrew and Benji all LOVE you and will miss you terribly. Mom also had a unique closeness to a young lady in our church family…Sarah, mom loved you and you were so very special to her. Dad, Margaret and I have all been blessed by your ministry to our family and the way that you served the Lord. I am so thankful that we had a mom that prayed continually for us and showed us as children how he could be our Savior. You lead your family by your godly example. You were a faithful loving wife, mom, sister and granny and friend until the day the Lord took you home. Thank you momma for the godly heritage you left to me and to our family. Many mothers have all done well, but you exceed them all.

No comments: