Friday, May 30, 2008

Surgery for Brenda


Thank you so much for your continued prayers, calls/e-mails and cards of encouragement. The Lord is GOOD!

The surgeons nurse called today and told her that Dr. wants to proceed with surgery. The date is not scheduled right now. But she felt it would be around the end of June. He wants to repair her bowel, and he want to reverse her colostomy. Mom is not sure if she wants to have her colostomy reversed, so please pray that mom would be at peace to know what to do. The surgeon will be having a partner helping him. It will take at least 6 hours to complete as this will be a hard surgery to perform.

Please also keep in prayer the lost souls that will be crossing mom's path (that their hearts would be softened and open) while she is in the hospital. Mom is always so excited to share the Gospel with anyone that crosses her path. She always wants to make sure that everyone knows 100% SURE that they are on their way to Heaven.

The Lord has given me peace about mom surgery. Being mom's caregiver it has been very hard to see her in such pain 24 hours a day. And I KNOW it has been hard on mom too. (Can you image being in constant pain...and she has a high pain tolerance) But I know that the Lord has a plan and purpose for all of this.

Thank you so much for praying! There have been many days in the past several months that I have felt exhausted mentally and physically, and have felt that I could not bear ANY more stress. But the Lord has always found a way to remind me that he loves me. He is my Rock! There were many days that I have felt overcome with stress, but then a calming peace would take over that feeling. And I know it is due to a Heavenly Father that loves me and people that are praying. A bible verse that I am claiming right how is:


Psalm 18:2 The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

We will continue to pray for your mom with this surgery coming up that God would give her a peace and comfort her in all the pain that she is in. She's is such an example to us all of how even in pain, she is thinking of others and where they will spend eternity!

Thanks for your faithfulness too, in caring so sweetly for your mom and others. God will greatly reward you for it!

~Chrissy

Matt. 25:40